Asst. Prof. Dr. Hanna Stakheyeva
Dr. Hanna Stakheyeva is an Assistant Professor at the Bogazici University (Istanbul, Turkey), conducts research into competition law matters with a particular focus on the EU, Ukraine and Turkey. Previously worked as a competition lawyer at ACTECON (Istanbul, Turkey), Baker & McKenzie (Kyiv, Ukraine) and King & Wood Mallesons (Brussels, Belgium). Graduated from the Kyiv National T.Shevchenko University and University of Amsterdam. Holds International Baccalaureate diploma from the UWC “Atlantic” (Wales, UK). A member of the Bar (Advokatura) of Ukraine. An author of numerous publications, including a (co-authored) book on "Merger Control in the EU and Turkey: A Comparative Guide" published by Kluwer.
· Merger Control in the EU and Turkey: A Comparative Guide, 2019, Wolters Kluwer, Book - International Competition Law Series
· At the crossroads between competition law and intellectual property : patent settlement agreements in the pharmaceutical sector, 2019, WIPO-WTO Colloquium Research Papers, pages 123-135
· Intellectual Property and Competition Law: Understanding the Interplay // A chapter to a book Multi-dimensional Approaches Towards New Technology Insights on Innovation, Patents and Competition, Springer, 2018, Open access book, pages 3-19
· The tale of two data protection regimes: The analysis of the recent law reform in Turkey in the light of EU novelties, Stakheyeva, H. Helvacioglu, A. June 2017, Computer Law & Security Review/ Elsevier Ltd. (SSCI), http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0267364917301978
· Merger Control in the Big Data World: To Be or Not To Be Revisited? Stakheyeva, H. Toksoy, F.M. European Competition Law Review, 2017, Volume 38, Issue 6, pp. 265-271
Distributor’s right to compensation after distribution agreement has terminated under laws of Turkey and Germany, Stakheyeva, H. Heilmann, Ch. European Competition Law Review, (2017) 38 E.C.L.R. Issue 3 © 2017 Thomson Reuters (Professional) UK Limited and Contributors
Major Antitrust Issues In Automotive Industry: Forewarned Is Forearmed, Feb 22, 2016, Mondaq http://www.mondaq.com/turkey/x/468320/Antitrust+Competition/Major+Antitrust+Issues+In+Automotive+Industry+Forewarned+Is+Forearmed
· Competition Compliance Program as a Mitigating Factor, September 2015, Mondaq, http://www.mondaq.com/turkey/x/429338/Antitrust+Competition/Competition+Compliance+Program+As+A+Mitigating+Factor
· Information Exchanges in the EU and China: Assessment and Precedents. – H. Stakheyeva, A. Cacho-Laccara, Y.Tu. - European Competition Law Review, Issue 2, Thomson Reuters (Professional) UK Limited and Contributors, P. 62-70. - 2015
· Контроль за концентраціями між суб"єктами господарювання в системі антимонопольного права ЄС. – Odesa, 2014. - H. Stakheyeva. - A book on Merger Control in the EU; comparative analysis of merger control rules and practice in the EU and Ukraine; discussion of possibility of creating international merger control in the future; recommendations on the ways of improving merger control in Ukraine and transparency of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine. Available in Ukrainian for now.
· "European Law: Law of the EU", a textbook in 3 volumes in co-authorship with professors of the Comparative and European Law Department of the Institute of International Relations of Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University, "In Jure" publishing house. – Kyiv, Ukraine, 2014, summary is available at http://www.iir.edu.ua/en/press_center/announcements/presentation_21-11-2014/
· Competition Law vs Patent Settlement Agreements in Pharmaceutical Sector. - Global Competition Law Review, Issue 3 © 2014 Thomson Reuters (Professional) UK Limited and Contributors
· Right of Defence: Protection of Legal Professional Privilege Across Jurisdictions. - 2014 - Available at http://www.ascola-conference-2014.wz.uw.edu.pl/conference_working_papers.html
· Competition Law and State Aid Reform in light of the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement and its impact on business in Ukraine. – R. Croce and H. Stakheyeva // European Competition Law Review, Vol. 35, Issue 1/2014. – Thomson Reuters (Professional) Ltd, Sweet & Maxwell, London. – 2014. – P. 23-28.
· Removing Obstacles to a More Effective Private Enforcement of Competition Law // Global Competition Litigation Review, Vol. 5 Issue 2/2012. - Thomson Reuters (Professional) Ltd, Sweet & Maxwell, London. – 2012. - P.67-74.
· Merger Remedies Under The Turkish Competition Law and Modernized EC Notice: Minor Issues of Big Importance //Turkish Competition Journal, Volume 10, Number 2 – Turkish Competition Authority, Ankara, April 2009.
OTHER RECENT ACTIVITY
· ASCOLA Virtual Conference, 25-27 June 2020, Zoom, presenting a speech on “Keeping Competition and Data Protection Laws Apart: Mission (Im)possible?”
· Second Intellectual Property Researchers Europe Conference, 28-29 June 2019, Geneva, presenting a lecture on “(Luxury) Trademarks Protection as a legitimate justification to online sale restriction under competition law”
· 13th ELSA Istanbul Summer Law School on M&A, July 2018, Istanbul, Turkey, presenting a lecture on EU Merger Control in the Digital World
· IPR Talks, 13 September 2017, Licensing Executives Society, Technology Transfer Office, Bogazici University, presenting a speech “IP and Competition Law: Understanding the interplay”
· 14th WIPO-WTO Colloquium for Teachers of Intellectual Property, June 19-30, 2017,Geneva, presenting a speech on Competition law vs. patent settlement agreements in the pharmaceutical sector